The cognitix Threat Defender version 20181009.0 provides various new features and improvements of the threat intelligence and protection platform.
- The asset tracking of Threat Defender was enhanced:
- Assets can now be used in policy rules, dynamic network objects and event tracking tables. This allows you to create behavior-based correlation policies using network assets.
- Automatic detection of network assets can now be toggled on and off.
- The asset database can now be backed up and exported/imported from one Threat Defender to another.
- The IPS engine was improved. It is now better integrated into the threat intelligence subsystem and its performance has increased. Several bugs were also fixed.
- The reporting dashboards and the threat intelligence log have been further improved to increase clarity and visibility.
- The asset settings screen is no longer reloaded during editing.
- The threat intelligence incident logs can now be filtered by clicking a section in the chart in addition to entering a value into the filter field.
While the automatic asset discovery function is enabled, Threat Defender automatically relearns any previously deleted assets.